Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Monster Hands

Flyer design

I found this creative poster in the internet very interesting. It is actually a poster promoting hygiene by using soap and water to wash your hands, stopping the spreading of bacteria. The image of the poster is a play on the slogan 'Your hands can be dangerous'. In the picture, a pair of hands is positioned and painted on so it looks like a cartoon bacteria. The bacteria us given monster-like qualities, like big, angry eyes, sharp teeth, and pincers to make it look mean and dangerous.

I like this poster because it is very effective. The message is clear and the image can be understood easily. Humor is created by the play on words and the funny expression of the monster hand. I also like how the bright red color of the hand contrasts against the muted blue of the background. It makes the poster stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment