Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Air Umbrella

air_umbrella

This is a very cool design by Je Sung Park and Woo Jung Kwon. Instead of the normal umbrella made of wire and fabric/plastic, the air umbrella blew air steadily to form a barrier, shielding you from raindrops.

It is innovative and convenient. Unlike traditionally shaped umbrella, it will not flip upside down when there is strong wind. The size of the canopy can be adjusted depending on the number of people standing under it. 

It is also easy to use in terms of portability. The hollow stick has an adjustable length and can fit inside any bag. Furthermore, since it will not get wet, the use of plastic bags for holding soaked umbrellas can be reduced. I especially love this aspect of the umbrella since usually I'm very lazy to carry a wet umbrella around, and would just rather run under the rain. With the air umbrella, I don't need to do this anymore!

The thing that I'm worried about is whether the eco-friendliness of reducing umbrella plastic bags makes up for the pollution caused by making the umbrella itself and the electricity used for the battery ._______.

No comments:

Post a Comment