Monday, 16 September 2013

Bio-Diversity





Bio-Diversity is an artwork featured on one of  New York Times' columns, 'Abstract City'. It comprises of leaves with interesting silhouettes. Some of them are naturally occurring while others are deliberately cut-out by the artist. Many of them provide humor by cutting the leaves to form shapes inspired by silly puns or jokes.

The artist, Christoph Neimann, likes to make art inspired by his daily life in New York City. I like how he can creatively turn autumn leaves that usually clutter the streets into these funny shapes.

I find these cut out leaves very interesting. They look simple but neat. The contrast between the natural material juxtapose with the silhouette of the objects, like the nut and the bolt or the wifi logo. I also think that the leaves' texture, pattern, and color gives the overall look a nice touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment