Sunday, 8 September 2013

Cuddle Jacket

t jacket

On the outside, it looks like a normal jacket with a hoodie. However, the Cuddle Jacket developed in Singapore can give the wearer a sensation of being hugged. It does so by using air bubbles that can be inflated inwards to give pressure.

It is connected to an application in a phone that can control the type and strength of the hug, for example, a pat on the shoulders or a tight squeeze.

This innovative jacket is especially useful for people suffering from disorders, like children with autism. Autistic kids can get stressed or agitated easily by their environment. The Cuddle Jacket can help calm them down since the hugs have a soothing effect. The jacket can even monitor vital signs and alert the parents if things are going awry.

I think it is a great invention. I believe it can help many people with anxiety or panic attacts. I really hope they can make this thing cheaper, though. Right now, it's still at $499 :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment