I like musicals in general, but
Broadway has always amazed me. They consistently show quality storyline with music
(singing and dancing, live, 8 times a week, I find it hard to believe sometimes).
I became a big fan since I first watched RENT on youtube 4 years ago. It is still my favorite musical of all time. I just appreciate how it can bring up important issues that people usually ignore, like awareness on the hardships that people living with diseases like AIDS, where they are constantly alienated by the society. It also talks about the power of love, friendship, and hope, but doesn't ignore the ugly facts (death, hate, homophobia, transphobia, etc) in our world. To top it all, I think that RENT has some of the best characters and songs. Personality wise, I like Angel. She is a fierce and awesome trans woman. As for music, I love every song, but if I have to pick, I’d say either Seasons of Love or La Vie Boheme. Seasons of Love is quite famous, I think? La Vie Boheme is just catchy and fun.
I became a big fan since I first watched RENT on youtube 4 years ago. It is still my favorite musical of all time. I just appreciate how it can bring up important issues that people usually ignore, like awareness on the hardships that people living with diseases like AIDS, where they are constantly alienated by the society. It also talks about the power of love, friendship, and hope, but doesn't ignore the ugly facts (death, hate, homophobia, transphobia, etc) in our world. To top it all, I think that RENT has some of the best characters and songs. Personality wise, I like Angel. She is a fierce and awesome trans woman. As for music, I love every song, but if I have to pick, I’d say either Seasons of Love or La Vie Boheme. Seasons of Love is quite famous, I think? La Vie Boheme is just catchy and fun.
"I'm more of a man than you'll ever be, and more of a woman than you'll ever get." - Angel Dumott Schunard
I think that a play, movie, or
book is only truly successful when they can make the audience think, reflect,
and learn something. RENT made me do all that.
No comments:
Post a Comment