Anime is my childhood. I think I
watched the first Digimon series when I was only 6 years old. When I was in
primary school, I spent my evenings watching animes that were aired in the TV
with my friends. I also had some DVDs of my favorite series. I mostly watched
shounen (targeted towards boys) animes, like Beyblade or Yu Yu Hakusho. They usually
have more interesting plots than the ones targeted for girls. Or maybe I am
influenced by my neighbors who I watched these shows with since they are both
boys.
When I look back, those shows I
used to enjoy seem extremely silly now. They are more than often ridiculous and
filled with nonsense. I also remember the art being very very bad, with disproportionate
body, misaligned eyes, and rough animation.
However, anime has come a long
way. I don’t watch them anymore, but I saw the enormous development. Studio
Ghibli, for instance, have animes with beautifully drawn background. The
scenery in Howl’s Moving Castle is especially gorgeous.
There are also some hidden gems in new
and less popular animes. My favorite example is Kotonoha no Niwa (Garden of
Words) by Makoto Shinkai. The animation is very smooth, every scene is detailed
and the art is lovely.
"A faint clap of thunder. Clouded skies, perhaps rain will come. If so, will stay here with me?
A faint clap of thunder. Even if rain comes or not. I will stay here, together with you."
amazing bro
ReplyDelete